Electrical engineers, abbreviated as EE, design, develop, test, and supervise the manufacturing of electrical equipment. Electrical & Electronic engineers design things such as power systems, electronics/microelectronics, signal processing, instrumentation & control systems, computers, and computer networks.
- ELEC - electric
- ELECDR - electric drive
- EMD - electric motor driven
- EPS - electric power supply
- ELECT - electrical
- ER - electrical resistance
- ELEK - electronic
- ELECTC - electronic control
- EI - electronic interface
- ES - electronic switch
- EVM - electronic voltmeter
- ELMCH - electromechanical
- EE - Electrical Engineer
Electrical Engineering Subcategories
Electric Wire Materials
- Copper electrical wire - Copper (Cu) is considered the standard in wiring. Most homes and appliances use copper for two reasons. It is easy to mold or bend and it is a good conductor. Copper is rather easy to come by but not as easy as other conductor metals.
- Aluminum electrical wire - Aluminum (Al) is also easy to mold and bend but less of a conductor than copper. If you decide to use aluminum wire that will carry the same amount of electricity as a copper wire, the wire needs to have a larger diameter. Since aluminum is more abundant than copper, it makes it the cheaper of the two.
- Silver electrical wire - Silver (Ag) is the best conductor of electricity for high temperatures. However, it is hard to bend and expensive.
- Alloys in electrical wire - In manufacturing, an alloy may sometimes be used. Aluminum and copper can be used for cost and conductibility.
Electrical Engineering Associations
Professional Engineering Licence
- Look here for where to find Professional Engineering Licences
Tags: Equations for Electrical